Tuesday 15 December 2009

carol service

it's been so long since i attended a carol service. even i'm not religious, i simply love and enjoy that peaceful christmasy atmosphere under which everyone would just chant together.

speaking of which i haven't played the piano for years either. it's such a shame to abandon this hobby. i've never been a pro nor do i have that musical gene in my blood. yet it did make me realise 'practice makes perfect'. otherwise i wudn't have achieved that distinction in gr.5. okay i hate theory. i bloody hate theory. those french and italian words are, and always will be, aliens to me. but i do thank you my family for letting me learn the piano and violin, while they never ever pressured me to become a master (okay apart from passing grade 8)

how terrific it'd be to sit down together after a dinner, mom stringing a harp (i found this a super feminine instrument and should only be played by a sophisticated lady with elongated fingers), dad blowing the trumpet, son pulling through the violin, and daughter treading on the piano. an orchestral night to unite and relieve everyone from the daily mundane bits and bobs would be my ideal dessert.

and now i shall insert my dvorak CD once again to feel the vibe :P

No comments:

Post a Comment